EUREC Masters Starting Day 2017
EUREC Masters Starting day 2017 took place on Friday 6 October at Novotel Tour Noire, at the heart of Brussels. During the morning EUREC welcomed 90 participants, among them were professors from the ten Partnering Universities and new students of the European Master in Renewable Energy (EMRE) and the European Master in Sustainable Energy System Management (SESyM).
After an interesting ‘get to know each other’ ice-breaker activity, students from 30 different nationalities listened to the Master’s experience of Habib Rahme, former student of EMRE, Academic Year 2015-2016.
EUREC Masters Starting Day at a glance
EUREC Awards Ceremony took place in the afternoon followed by a brief presentation of the winners’ projects. This was an excellent introductory step for the presentation of the specialisations, given by professors from the Masters’ specialisation Universities. Students also had the chance to solve their doubts thanks to an animated Specialisations’ Coffee Corner with the professors.
If you couldn't attend the EUREC Masters Starting Day or you would like to refresh your ideas about the specialisations, we have published the presentations given by the professors:
- Presentation of the Wind specialisation during the Starting Day 2017
- Presentation of the Photovoltaics specialisation during the Starting Day 2017
- Presentation of the RE Grid Integration specialisation during the Starting Day 2017
- Presentation of the Solar Thermal specialisation during the Starting Day 2017
- Presentation of the Ocean Energy specialisation during the Starting Day 2017
- Presentation of the Sustainable fuel systems for mobility specialisation during the Starting Day 2017
After the 'Specialisations Cofee Corner', EUREC delivered a presentation to help students in their search of the third semester project and organised a workshop about jobs perspectives at the end of the Masters.
All the participants enjoyed of a cocktail to finish a very informative day and to start the celebration of the EMRE 15th Anniversary. As from 9pm, students, professors and EUREC joined forces to celebrate EMRE’s Anniversary with a drink at Le Cercle des Voyageurs.
Students from the Academic Year 2017/2018 who attended the EUREC Masters Starting Day
Thank you all for a great Starting Day!