For Oldenburg, Zaragoza and MINES-ParisTech:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test) or 80 (internet-based test)
- IELTS: minimum 6 (Academic version)
- Cambridge Advanced Exam in English: B minimum
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam in English: C minimum
- Comparable proof of English language proficiency (e.g. Bachelor studies in English language)
- TOEFL: minimum score of 575 (paper-based test), or 90 (internet-based test, with not less than 20 in Reading, Listening, Speaking or Writing); or
- IELTS: 6.5 minimum with not less than 6.0 in Reading, Listening, Speaking or Writing; or
- Cambridge Advanced Exam in English: B minimum; or
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam in English: C minimum.
- Students whose prior education was English-taught and who obtained a diploma in the following countries: Australia, Canada (English speaking part), Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America
There is no Spanish or French language exams required. Students who want to follow the core in Spanish can take intensive Spanish courses before the start of the semester to fresh up their knowledge. Zaragoza University tests the Spanish level of applicant students with a phone interview, the same applies for the French level in Mines-ParisTech.
Students who choose the PV specialisation must comply with Northumbria University English requirements: IELTS 6.0 (minimum score of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent; or TOEFL IBT: overall 79 (with minimum Reading 18, Writing 17, Listening 17, Speaking 20. Tests results must be valid (less than 2 years at the start of the specialisation course).
Students who choose the specialisation in Hanze UAS must comply with Hanze UAS language requirements (see above)
Candidates for admission should upload the following documents:
- A CV (resume) in English
- A certified copy of the university diploma and transcripts (“certified” means that the documents must bear the official University stamp to be considered valid)
- Two letters of reference
- A proof of English language proficiency (see above for minimum scores) – this proof may be provided later than the rest of the application, but before the date indicated by the University in case you are accepted under conditions.
- A copy of your passport
- A cover letter (=letter of motivation)
- Any additional information in support of your application is welcome but not requested (eg: information on work experience).
The application process for the Academic Year 2022/2023 is now open.
- 15 April for Oldenburg University
- 1st May for non-EU students applying to Hanze University
- 15 July for all other Core providers and for EU students applying to Hanze University
The reference (to be provided in English- French and Spanish can be accepted for MINES-ParisTech and Zaragoza University) should include, if possible, details of the results he/she has obtained throughout his/her studies. If the applicant has not graduated, the reference should give a prediction of the likely degree outcome. Additionally, the reference should indicate whether the applicant language skills are adequate for postgraduate study (either in English, French or Spanish according to the student’s choice of university).
Finally, the referee should include their name, status/title, telephone/email, the name and address of their institution/company, the official headed paper of the institution/company and their signature. The letters of reference are to be uploaded. Universities reserve the right to ask for the hardcopies to be sent via regular mail if necessary.
In case the letters are to be received only through regular mail, please indicate it in your application form and contact EUREC. The application is not valid without references.
Tuition fees for the Academic Year 2022-2023 amount to EUR 8.000 for students with the nationality of an EU Member State and EUR 13.000 for students without EU nationality. Fees will be payable in three installments spread throughout the course.
For Hanze UAS only: students will pay tuition fee directly to Hanze UAS. EU students who do not have a Dutch Master degree yet: students will pay the Dutch statutory tuition fee directly to Hanze UAS (circa 2.200 euros per academic year, therefore circa 3.500 euros for the whole programme). To guarantee registration, selected students by Hanze UAS will have to pay a deposit fee (2.000 euros) to EUREC upon reception of the offer letter. This deposit will be reimbursed at the end of October to students who joined the course. Non-EU students should also be aware that payment of a visa and a financial guarantee is necessary for entrance to the Netherlands. For detailed information about non-EU students applying to Hanze UAS, please visit: https://www.hanze.nl/eng/study-at-hanze/studying-in-the-netherlands/immigration
If your participation in the programme is conditional upon your receiving financial support, please indicate this clearly in the application form. Additional administrative fees can be asked directly by the partnering universities.
- Physics: Photovoltaics, Wind
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering: Grid Integration, Photovoltaics
- Mechanical Engineering: Ocean Energy, Solar Thermal, Wind
- Chemistry: Sustainable Fuel Systems
2) Career opportunities
- Grid Integration: DER planning, installation or onsite solutions, this work could be developed for Electric distribution or transport operators (DSO/ TSO). At RE technology manufacturers or at any other company or research center involved in providing solutions for DER Grid Integration.
- Ocean Energy: Engineers in marine renewable industries Marine renewable energy project developers Experts for National or International institutions Researchers in academic or industrial labs
- Photovoltaics: PV Engineer Electrical Engineer Research Engineer (ranging from PV cells and modules to PV systems of all sizes and applications)
- Solar Thermal: Solar energy Engineer solar fuel production process heat desalination building R&D
- Sustainable Fuel Systems: Designer Consultant Researcher Entrepreneur or developer in sustainable fuel production transport storage & use
- Wind: Technical Manager Mechanical Engineer Wind Energy Engineer Project Engineer Wind Resource Assessment Manager
4) Total hours
- Grid (280 total hours)
- 175h lectures
- 25h laboratory
- 80h practice-oriented lessons
- Ocean (245 total hours)
- 153h lectures
- 12h laboratory
- 80h tutorials
- PV (283 total hours)
- 90h lectures
- 15h laboratory + 18h seminars
- 150h directed learning
- Solar Thermal (280 total hours)
- 155h lectures
- 50h laboratory
- 75h tutorials
- Sustainable Fuel (300 total hours)
- 139h lectures
- 156h laboratory
- 5h tutorials
- Wind (276 total hours)
- 266h lectures
- 5h laboratory + 2 days seminar in PC lab
- 5h workshop
5) Number of visits and external lectures
- Grid Integration: 5 visits
- Ocean Energy: 1 visit at the WindFloat, a 2 MW turbine installed off the Portuguese coast and connected to the grid.
- Photovoltaics: 1-2 visits depending on availability
- Solar Thermal: 3 visits: 2 Solar facility technical visits and 1 company visit
- Sustainable Fuel Systems: 3 visits
- Wind: 1 visit of 3 hours
All documents are to be uploaded at the bottom of the application form. The attaching of files is a simple process: nominate the file you want to upload by clicking on the “Browse” button next to the text field labeled with the nature of the requested document. Navigate to the document on the local hard drive and click “Open” and select it. Only one document can be uploaded per field. If you need to upload several document, you have to merge them into a single one before uploading them. If you lack one of the requested documents, please indicate in your application form an approximate date at which you will be able to provide it. You can then submit your application and send the document later via email to EUREC.
Those students who need to receive an earlier answer can contact us directly.
When you have been accepted to attend the EUREC Master course, you will receive an offer letter. Before signing and sending the registration form back, CAREFULLY READ THE EUREC MASTER REGULATIONS.